Monday, March 10, 2014

A poem.




She Let Go

She let go

She let go. Without a thought or a word, she let go.

She let go of the fear.

She let go of the judgements.

She let go of the confluence of opinions swarming around her head.

She let go of the committee of indecision within her.

She let go of all the 'right' reasons.

Wholly and completely, without hesitation or worry, she just let go.

She didn't ask anyone for advice.

She didn't read a book on how to let go.

She didn't search the scriptures.

She just let go.

She let go of all the memories that held her back.

She let go of all the anxiety that kept her from moving forward.

She let go of the planning and all of the calculations about how to do it just right. 

She didn't promise to let go.

She didn't journal about it.

She didn't write the projected date in her day -timer.

She made no public announcement and put no ad in the paper.

She didn't check the weather report or read her daily horoscope.

She just let go.

She didn't analyse whether she should let go.

She didn't call her friends to discuss the matter.

She didn't do a five-step Spiritual Mind Treatment.

She didn't call the prayer line.

She didn't utter one word.

She just let go.

No one was around when it happened.

There was no applause or congratulations. 

No one thanked her or praised her.

No one noticed a thing.

Like a leaf falling from a tree, she just let go.

There was no effort.

There was no struggle.

It wasn't good and it wasn't bad.

It was what it was, and it is just that.

In the space of letting go, she let it all be.

A small smile came over her face.

A light breeze blew through her. And the sun and the moon shone forevermore...............

~ Rev Safire Rose  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I can't help but read this poem over and over. The beauty takes my breathe away.
Does this poem speak to you?
What is it saying to you??

Feel free to share your thoughts here in the comments or privately via email. 

                                                                                                      Jo xx

10 comments:

  1. WOW!! I've never seen this poem, it's beautiful, makes me want to keep reading it. My heart started beating faster and I felt light yet strong and the need to JUST LET GO!!! I would love to LET GO like this, to have this freedom and do wonderful things with that feeling. WOW!!!

    Thank you for sharing this, need to print this out for myself and hang it up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dawn, it makes me so happy to know you like this poem and that it spoke to you too. I agree, I would love to let go like this. I am nowhere near this but I am certainly journeying towards it. Letting go is all consuming in my life right now. I am going to print this out too. I just want to keep reading it. Thank you for sharing your thoughts here. I appreciate it. xx Jo

      Delete
  2. I've never read it either Jo! I thought you'd written it, it's super clever. Just like that she let go! She did it and it was done and although no one noticed the entire world, her world was completely different from there on. Wonderful, speaks beautifully to me. Et Voila! Done! I especially like that it put a smile on her face, it would put a skip in my step too. Do you know if anyone has painted this poem? It has such beautiful imagery. Thanks so much for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Suzi, thank you for your reflections. No, I don't know if anyone has painted this poem. Someone should if it hasn't already. Are you up for the challenge? :) It certainly has some beautiful imagery. Every time I read it I see more. Btw, it's nice to see you here. :) xx Jo

      Delete
  3. long slow sigh....Trying to hold it all together is like holding your breathe. As I read to the end, it just made me exhale.... letting it wash over me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love your reflections Susan. Thank you for sharing. xx Jo

      Delete
  4. Such a peace-giving poem. I love the last part:

    "A small smile came over her face.
    A light breeze blew through her."

    I could FEEL that. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful. And what a call to our hold-onto-everything hearts.
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the poem is quite intriguing to many of your followers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment was written by my daughter Sarah. She was reading through the blog and wanted to comment. Love you Sarah.

      Delete